Here's an anecdote about Steve:
Steve was a very quiet spoken guy in junior high - was always very unassuming, never really got mad or angry, or even really sullen. But he had (has, I'm guessing) the most infectious sense of humor. He'd come out of the blue with the best little one-line jokes or comments about whatever was going on at the time. And they were the kind of jokes that would stay with you for days afterward, and become part of your psyche, so that every time the same topic was brought up in a conversation, everyone would quote "that thing that Steve said that one time."
There's one in particular that comes up in my mind:
Every time I'm on the phone with someone who is trying to spell something to me, and they say, "B as in Boy" or "D as in Dog," I always hear Steve's voice in my head: "You mean, B as in Bog, or D as in Doy?"
Happy birthday, Steve
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment