Steven is very intelligent, talented, generous, loving, loyal, and has a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I’ve often called him a “master manipulator.” At age four, he understood reverse psychology and used it successfully on his younger brother, Ryan. Steven always knew which “buttons” to push to upset his brothers and sisters as they were growing up. This skill will likely help him in the field of business as he leads co-workers, or manages a company. (:
When Steven was just a child, I was delighted to discover that he could play the piano “by ear” as my mother could. She brought joy to many, many people because of this gift, and Steven has followed her in generously sharing his gift with others. He also loves playing the organ–as she did. Others have mentioned many of his talents, but I’ll add how much I enjoyed his solo--playing the jaws harp–in a BYU Men’s Chorus concert. Whenever Steven decides he wants to learn a new skill, he just works hard enough and long enough until he’s accomplished his goal.
An example of that was the summer he spent in Kansas selling satellite dishes. His dad and I were very worried about his chances of making any money–especially so far away from home, where he’d have to pay for board and room. Steven was determined, though; so he studied the “art” of salesmanship, applied his own brand of honesty and integrity, and was one of the most successful salesmen in the program that summer!
He’s not always the easiest person to live with, because he can be a perfectionist and impatient with people who don’t see things his way. However, his love for others reminds him to be kind. He is responsible for many acts of kindness and charity–often anonymously. (Thanks, Melissa, for supporting his generous nature.)
We love you Steven, and hope this is one of your happiest birthdays ever!! Your dad and I are very grateful that you are our son.
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment