Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday from Gavin

(A Birthday Cake for you)

Happy 30th Birthday Steve!

I first met Steve after he stunned everyone with his musical skills during a Zone Conference in Germany. Since then, Steve has never ceased to impress me. Steve and I worked together during our studies at BYU, and now we work for the same company. He is smart, kind, considerate, reliable, helpful, hard-working, and fun to talk to.

I know Steve will remember our experience in a Mechanical Vibrations class at BYU…when solving a problem often rendered our minds and hands exhausted after 10-20 pages. It was during this very challenging experience that I really got to know Steve. Steve was very helpful and encouraging when I wanted to give up. We met regularly to tackle problem after problem...we worked well together. I had a great time working with Steve and I thoroughly enjoyed our non-engineering discussions, which helped me smile and laugh in the face of a painful semester.

Steve is always insightful and has great advice. I like the way he thinks and expresses himself. He is one of the people I enjoy talking to the most…whether you agree or disagree with Steve, you will always learn something and feel uplifted our encouraged. This is something I admire greatly about Steve, and it will serve him well throughout his life. It is one of the things that draw people to him.

My interactions with Steve have made me a better person; he continues to inspire me.

I would consider myself very lucky to work with Steve again in any capacity.

Thank you, Steve. Happy 30th Birthday!

--Gavin

No comments: